I wondered just how many out there got the same problem as me. That is being too self-conscious of oneself. Here is what I've came across from the net...
Self Consciousness In Action:
You're standing with a group of friends, happily chatting away, the conversation going along nicely. Then someone says to you, "John, you're good at that, why don't you tell us how you do it?"And Bang!, the way you feel changes completely. It's as if a spotlight has been turned on you and the rest of the room lights dimmed. All of a sudden, your cheerful, easygoing nature of 10 seconds ago is nowhere to be found! What happened?Well basically, your focus of attention has shifted to yourself, otherwise known as self consciousness. You may also have received a shot of adrenaline as a stress response.
I often feel like this. Like when a topic is thrown on me by strangers or not-so-close people, I will be tongue-tied. Boss sometimes would bring me along to meet his cilents and associates. I dragged going there because I wouldn't know what to say when their focuses were on me, especially when I'm in a room with group of experienced businessmans/ professionals. Really envy those who could speak so well no matter in what occasion. I loathed to engage in a meeting too, but it's not something which i could avoid right? haha...
No comments:
Post a Comment