Saturday, December 01, 2007

There was this event yesterday and all six of us have to be around. The day before, I've been helping to pack notebooks, folders, etc into individual boxes and arranging to have them sent down to cinemas first. I'm responsible for the RSVP of our special invited guests as well. Blasting out e-invite emails, waiting for their RSVP, sending them confirmation reply and consolidating the RSVP list, etc...

My colleague from another department noticed that I was so busy packing for this event, and also for the shifting of our new office, so she offered to lend me her two 16 year-old guy temps for a day. Naturally, I quickly asigned them to help out with the packing of my event stuff and I brief my own temp K to start clearing out our storeroom. I thought I can finally settle down to do my own follow-up work, but the two 16 year-old temps just keep finding me and talking rubbish instead of doing what I asked them to. In the end, I got even busier...

So came yesterday, the official day for our annual trade event. We tried to finish up whatever needed to be done and shared cab to orchard togather. Things went smoothly until my assistant manager realized that there weren't enough folders for all the goodies bags. We are short of 15. What came afterward was a really fierce glance from her. I hailed a cab back to office and rushed back again...

How useless could I get?...And the least I needed was having someone telling me I'm not, it just don't help me to feel any better at all...If you were me, trying so much to not be a blur sotong in vain, how will you feel?

P/S: Thanks yen for hearing my complains and keep responding :-)

No comments: